Decorative concrete is increasingly becoming popular because of its many uses and benefits, particularly in driveways, patios and walkways. It adds style and excitement to various home building projects without sacrificing functionality. Here are the top 5 reasons to choose decorative concrete.
1. Great Looks – Decorative concrete can be supplied in a wide variety of colours, textures, patterns and designs. Its eye-catching appeal can be produced by using dyes, stains, oxides and sealers.
2. Flexible Options – Decorative concrete offers a wide variety of choice and can imitate stone, brick, cobblestone and slate. Exposed aggregate creates aesthetic outdoor living, often by being coloured, stamped, acid-etched or polished.
3. Long Lasting– Decorative concrete floors, patios and driveways are built to last. Concrete is exceptionally durable and can withstand pressure, heavy loads and extreme weather conditions. Concrete solutions are economical and provide long-term value for money.
4. It’s Eco-Friendly –Limestone, the richest mineral on the planet is the raw material in cement. With use of limestone and other waste by-products, decorative concrete promotes green, eco-friendly solutions. Concrete recycling allows concrete to be re-used in commercial grade ground installations, repurposed for residential building products or as the sub-base for gravel roads. Larger cuts can be used to prevent coastal erosion.
5. Very Low Maintenance – Decorative concrete promotes dust, dirt and debris free surfaces that are easy to maintain. It is also mould and allergen resistant, offering a healthy and safe environment.